We understand that not every application can be addressed in an ideal way with our range of standard off-the-shelf CMOS image sensors. Gpixel harnesses decades of engineering experience and its extensive core knowledge to craft an advanced CMOS image sensor (CIS) design. We merge our top-tier pixel and circuit intellectual property components with cutting-edge analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) and a profound understanding of image sensing in the broadest sense. This synergy results in the creation of tailor-made image sensors that not only set our clients' products apart but also provide them with a distinct competitive edge over standard, readily available solutions. Combined with our technical IC design experience do we also provide a turn-key solution for volume qualification and manufacturing of your products.
Some of our core expertise includes:
- Charge Domain Global shutter pixels down to 2.5 um (< 2.5 um under development)
- Ultra high-speed area scan image sensor design (> 50 Gpix/s)
- Time Delay Intergration (TDI) line scan image sensor design with up to 1024 stages and line rates of > 1 MHz
- 3D imaging capabilities with iToF and dToF pixel structures
- Low-noise, HDR image sensor design for photography and video applications in various optical formats (from 2/3" to full frame and medium formats).
- Design and production of 1D/2D stitched large area image sensors (up to 8" and 12" wafer scale)
- Back Side Illumation (BSI) and 3D Wafer Stacking process options
- Various data interface solutions such as MIPI, LVDS, SLVDS-EC and prorietary high speed serial interface (> 5Gbps/lane)
- Application specific logic integration
- Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Test (DFT) optimized IC design
- Color Filter Array (CFA), package and cover glass lid customizations
Custom design development projects span a spectrum of possibilities, ranging from minor modifications to existing products, such as tailoring color filter arrays (CFAs), micro lenses, and test specifications, to the comprehensive creation of custom ICs and packages, aimed at enhancing various aspects of the solution. Following successful prototype validation, Gpixel possesses the in-house expertise to seamlessly transition into mass production, encompassing test development, product qualification, and a streamlined transition into full-scale serial production. This comprehensive approach provides our customers with a convenient one-stop solution.